MATH 209 - Calculus III (EH1), MWF 13:00-13:50, CSB B 2 (course syllabus)
Volker Runde, CAB 675
MWF 11:00-12:00 or by appointment (If you want to set up an appointment with
me, please, drop me an e-mail the day before.)
- J. Stewart, Calculus: Early Transcendentals (Edition 7E). Brooks/Cole, 2012.
- Math 209 Lab Manual (on sale - cash only - in CAB 680, 8:30-16:30, September 5-13 only).
- partial derivatives (Chapter 14 of Stewart's book);
- multiple integrals (Chapter 15 of Stewart's book - excluding 15.10);
- vector calculus (Chapter 16 of Stewart's book).
The grade will be based on labs (10%), homework (10%), a common midterm (30%), and a common final (50%).
The labs start on or after September 9.
There will be weekly homework assignments. The access key for WebAssign is:
ualberta 6751 5096
Further details will be announced in class.
Dates (set by the Faculty of Engineering):
Calculators as well as formula sheets are not allowed in the exams.
- Common midterm: 18:30-22:00, Saturday, October 19, in NRE 2-001.
- Common final: 9:00-11:00, Friday, December 20.
Last update: 1/13/14.