Xi Chen's CV
- Address: CAB 632, University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G1, CANADA
- Phone number: (O) (780) 492-1704 (H) (780) 908-0966
- Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts.
AM in Mathematics, May 1995. PhD in Mathematics, May 1997.
Thesis advisor: Joseph Harris.
- University of Missouri-Rolla, Rolla, Missouri.
Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, May 1992.
Major in Applied Math.
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
Refereed journal publications:
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis, Density of Rational Curves on
Surfaces, to appear in Mathematische Annalen.
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis, Real Regulators on Self-Products of
Surfaces, Journal of Algebraic Geometry 20 (2011), 101-125.
- X. Chen, On Vojta's
Canad. J. Math. Vol. 63 (1), 2011, pp. 86-103.
- X. Chen, J. D. Lewis and M. Kerr,
The Sheaf of Nonvanishing Meromorphic Functions in
the Projective Algebraic Case is not Acyclic,
Comptes Rendus Mathematique, Vol. 348 (2010), 291-293.
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis, The Hodge--Conjecture For K3 and
Journal of Algebraic Geometry 14 (2005), 213-240.
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis, Noether-Lefschetz For of a Certain
Class of Surfaces, Bol. Soc. Mat. Mexicana (3)
Vol. 10, Special issue, 2004.
- X. Chen, On Algebraic Hyperbolicity of Log
Comm. Contemp. Math, Vol. 6, No. 4 (2004), 513-559.
- X. Chen, A simple proof that rational curves on K3 are
Math. Ann. 324 (2002), no. 1, 71-104.
- X. Chen,
Some Remarks on the Severi Varieties of Surfaces in
Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci. 26 (2001), no. 1, 1-5.
- X. Chen, On the intersection of two plane
Math. Res. Lett. 7 (2000), no. 5-6, 631-641.
- X. Chen, Rational curves on K3
of Algebraic Geometry 8 (1999), 245-278.
- X. Chen, Unirationality of Fano
varieties, Duke Math J. 90 (1)
- X. Chen, The shooting method for solving eigenvalue
problems, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 203
Refereed conference publications:
- X. Chen, Rational self maps of Calabi-Yau Manifolds, to appear.
- X. Chen, Dynamics of Special Points on Intermediate Jacobians, to appear.
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis, The Real Regulator for a Self-product of a General Surface,
The Geometry of Algebraic Cycles,
Clay Mathematics Proceedings, Vol. 9 (2010).
- X. Chen and J. D. Lewis,
The Real Regulator for a Product of Surfaces,
in Mirror Symmetry V, Proceedings of the BIRS conference in Banff, Alberta
(Edited by S.-T. Yau, N. Yui and J. D. Lewis), AMS/IP Studies
in Advanced Mathematics, Volume 38. (2006), 271-283.
- D. Zhang, X. Chen and W. S. Lee, Text Classification with Kernels on the Multinomial Manifold,
SIGIR 2005 Proceedings.
- Sept 2006-present
- Associate Professor, University of Alberta
- Sept 2002-2006
- Assistant Professor, University of Alberta
- Sept 2001-2002
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of California, Santa
- Sept 1999-Sept 2001
- Ky Fan Visiting Assistant Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Sept 1997-Sept 1999
- Assistant Adjunct Professor, University of California, Los Angeles
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Discovery Grant, 2008-2012, 12,000 CND per year
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Discovery Grant, 2003-2007, 14,500 CND per year
- University of Alberta Startup Grant, 2002-2005, 50,000 CND total
- Regulators III, Barcelona, Aug. 2010
- Stony Brook math colloquium, SUNY Stony Brook, Nov. 2010
- Columbia algebraic geometry seminar, Columbia University, Nov. 2010
- Rutgers math colloquium, Rutgers University, Newark, Nov. 2010
- Putnam fellow (top five) in the 52nd William Lowell Putnam
Mathematical Competition, 1991
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in Mathematics, University of
- Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research Award, 1992
- Gold Medal Winner in the 29th International Mathetical Olympiad,