I moved to University of Texas in 2017 as Assistant Professor (TT). Email: mostafa.fazly at utsa dot edu
I was a Max Wyman assistant professor (NTT) of mathematics at the University of Alberta, 2013-2016.
Publications and Preprints
- My primary research interests lie in:
and I'm also interested in learning more about the following topics
- Qualitative properties and classification of solutions of PDEs
- Extinction vs persistence, propagation for reaction-diffusion equations.
- PDEs on Riemannian manifolds, minimal surfaces, harmonic maps.
- Ginzburg-Landau theory, obstacle and free boundary problems.
- My research is supported by
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
(NSERC) Discovery Grant #RES0020463.
Title: New developments for partial differential equations; from theory to applications.
- University of Alberta start-up grant #RES0019810.
|Co-authors: (in alphabetical order)
Craig Cowan (UManitoba),
Nassif Ghoussoub (UBC),
M. Hesaaraki (SUT),
Mark Lewis (UAlberta),
Henrik Shahgholian (KTH),
Yannick Sire (JHU),
Hao Wang (UAlberta),
Juncheng Wei (UBC),
Xingwang Xu (NUS).
- In addition to research, I am committed to striving for excellence in teaching.
Each time that I teach a topic (in any level) I learn something more about it.
So, I believe we learn by teaching and giving talks.
- Program on Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations, Fields Institute
- Canadian Math Society (CMS) Summer Meeting, UofA. [PDE session]
- Workshop on Nonlocal Variational Problems and PDEs, PIMS-UBC
- Workshop on New Trends in Nonlinear Elliptic Equations, BIRS.
Here you can find slides of my talk.
- Conference in honour of the 60th birthday of Michael Struwe, at ETH.
- (ICM Satellite Conference)The Seventh International Conference on
Differential and Functional Differential Equations, in Moscow
- Thematic Program on Variational Problems in Physics, Economics and Geometry, at Fields Institute.
- Conference in honour of the 60th birthday of Nassif Ghoussoub, at UBC.
- 3rd Conference on Frontiers in Mathematical Sciences, at IPM
- Scalar Curvature in Manifold Topology and Conformal Geometry, at NUS
|Some Math Institutes:
|Math Social Network: