This year, I am the educational coordinator for the new PIMS International Graduate Training Centre in Mathematical Biology.
I am co-teaching Models in Ecology (Biol 570) in Winter 2008 with Mark Lewis and working on curriculum development for this course.
I currently have two graduate student mentees: Peter Molnar (Oct 07 – date),
Andria Dawson (May 07 – date).
Previous teaching and mentoring experience
- I taught Mathematical Modelling (Math 372) in the 2006 fall semester. Please see the course information page for more details.
- Graduate/research student mentor for Christopher Jerde (Sep 04 – Dec 07) and Jungmin Lee (Sep 04 – Jun 06).
- Class coordinator and assistant lecturer: MSc. Mathematical Modelling (University of Oxford, 01 – 04)
- Project mentor: IAS/PCMI Graduate Summer School (Park City, Jun 05)
- Project tutor: PIMS Undergraduate Summer School (University of Alberta, May 05 & May 07)
- Lab assistant and tutor: Biology 3 rd year honours course in GIS and Remote Sensing ( Oxford , Oct – Dec 03 & 04), course website
- Digital mapping online tutorial for MSc. in Forestry Management students ( Oxford , Feb 02), course website
- Mathematical Biology masterclasses for students aged 11 – 17 (Reading, Sep 01 & Brackley, Feb 03)